Greg Morrison (born 1965) is a Canadian writer and composer best known for his work on the music and lyrics of The Drowsy Chaperone, which he wrote with Lisa Lambert. He also has extensive credits for directing and musical directing shows across the United States and Canada. He is a recipient of a Canadian Comedy Award and a Sterling Award for Original Composition.
Morrison's affiliation with The Drowsy Chaperone started in 1999 when Don McKellar and Lisa Lambert created a spoof of old musicals for the stag party before the wedding of their theatre friends Bob Martin and Janet Van De Graaff.
Composer and lyricist
- The Drowsy Chaperone. He shared writing credit with Lisa Lambert and was heavily involved with the show while it was produced in Toronto before transferring to Broadway.
- Hello ... Hello (Tarragon Theatre)
- Pochsy Unplugged (Toronto Fringe premiere, Canadian/U.S. tours)
- Mump and Smoot in Something Else (Canadian Stage, Yale Repertory Theatre)
- Mump and Smoot in Flux (Canadian Stage)
- An Awkward Evening With Martin and Johnson (Tim Sims Playhouse)
- The Age of Dorian (Artword Theatre).
- Pochsy's Lips
- Oh, Baby
- Citizen Pochsy
- Mahogany Row
- The Second City National Touring Company and the Alumni Caf (Tim Sims Playhouse)
- The Chimps and The Muckrakers (CBC Radio).
- Slings & Arrows (Rhombus Media for Showcase/Sundance)
- Getting Along Famously (CBC)
- The Joe Blow Show (Comedy Network)
Awards and nominations