GAVIN DENNIS FLOOD (born 1954) FBA is a British scholar of
comparative religion specialising in
Flood's publications include; An Introduction to Hinduism, Body and Cosmology in Kashmir Saivism and Beyond Phenomenology: Rethinking the Study of Religion. He is also the editor of The Blackwell Companion to Hinduism.
* The Truth Within: A History of Inwardness in Christianity,
Hinduism, and Buddhism. Oxford University Press, 2013
* The Bhagavad Gita: A New Translation. Norton, 2012
* The Importance Of Religion: Meaning In Our Strange World.
* The Tantric Body: The Secret Tradition of Hindu Religion. London:
I.B. Tauris, 2006
* The Ascetic Self: Subjectivity, Memory and Tradition. (Cambridge
University Press 2006)
* Beyond Phenomenology: Rethinking the Study of religion. (Cassell
* Introduction to
REFERENCES AND NOTES
* ^ Flood, G. (2003). "The Sacred and the Profane: Contemporary Demands On Hermeneutics". Literature and Theology. 17 (4): 478–479. doi :10.1093/litthe/17.4.478 . Retrieved 2008-05-15. * ^ "SpringerLink - Journal Article". www.springerlink.com. Retrieved 2008-05-15. * ^ "University of Oxford, Faculty of Theology and Religion". theology.ox.ac.uk. Retrieved 2017-08-16. (A Recognised Independent Centre is an institution that is not part of the University, but works with the University in research and teaching.) * ^ "British Academy announces 42 new fellows". Times Higher Education. 18 July 2014. Retrieved 18 July 2014. * ^ "Yale-NUS College Welcomes Two Distinguished Scholars as Named Professors". 11 November 2015. Retrieved 23 January 2016. * ^ Flood, G.D. (2004). The Ascetic Self: Subjectivity, Memory and Tradition. Cambridge University Press. * ^ Flood, G.D. (1996). An Introduction to Hinduism. Cambridge University Press. * ^ Fenn, R.K. (2001). The Blackwell Companion to Sociology of Religion. Blackwell Publishers. * ^ Holm, J.; Bowker, J.W. (1994). Rites of Passage. Pinter Pub Ltd.