FUJIWARA NO MICHITAKA (藤原 道隆, 953 – May 16, 995), the first
son of Kaneie , was a
Kugyō (Japanese noble ) of the
Heian period .
He served as regent (Sesshō ) for the
Emperor Ichijō , and later as
Kampaku . Ichijō married Michitaka\'s daughter Teishi (
Sadako ), thus
continuing the close ties between the Imperial family and the
Michitaka is sometimes referred to as Nijō Kampaku (二条関白) or
* KANNA 2 (986):
* KANNA 2 (986): Gon-no-
* EIEN 3, on the 23rd day of the 2nd month (989): Naidaijin
* SHōRYAKU 1, on the 8th day of the 5th month (990): Kampaku
* SHōRYAKU 1, on the 26th day of the 5th month (990): Sesshō
* SHōRYAKU 2, on the 23rd day of the 7th month (991): retire from
* SHōRYAKU 4, on the 22nd day of the 4th month (993): Kampaku for
* CHōTOKU 1, on the 3rd day of the 4th month (995): retire from
* CHōTOKU 1, in the 10th day of the 4th month (May 16, 995):
Michitaka died at the age of 43.
MARRIAGES AND CHILDREN
He was married to
Takashina no Takako (高階 貴子) (called
Kō-no-Naishi 高内侍 or Gidō-sanshi no Haha 儀同三司母),
daughter of Takashina no Naritada (高階 成忠).
Their children were:
* Teishi , wife of
* Ryūen (隆円) (Komatsu Sōzu, 小松僧都) (980-1015), priest
* Genshi (原子) (ca.980-1002), consort of
* Daughter (?-?), married to Imperial Prince Atsumichi (son of
Emperor Reizei )
* Daughter (?-1002), Mikushige-dono-no-bettō (御匣殿別当)
Emperor Ichijō )
His other children were:
* Michiyori (道頼) (971-995) - Gon-no-Dainagon
* Yorichika (頼親)
* Chikayori (周頼)
* Chikaie (周家)
* Daughter, lady-in-waiting for Fujiwara no Kenshi , wife of Emperor
* Frederic, Louis (2002). "
Japan Encyclopedia." Cambridge,
Massachusetts: Harvard University Press.
* Papinot, Edmond (1910). Historical and geographical dictionary of
Japan. Tokyo: Librarie Sansaisha.
* Owada, T. et al. (2003). ‘’Nihonshi Shoka Keizu Jimmei
Jiten’’. Kōdansya. (Japanese)
* Kasai, M. (1991). ‘’
Kugyō Bunin Nenpyō’’. Yamakawa
* Hioki, S. (1990). ‘’Nihon Keifu Sōran’’. Kōdansya.