OED2-CD-1.png (292 × 342 pixels, file size: 7 KB, MIME type: image/png)
Oxford English Dictionary CD-ROM Version 1 screenshot. Uploaded by Heron.
|This is a screenshot of copyrighted computer software, and the copyright for its contents is most likely held by the author(s) or the company that created the software. It is believed that the use of a limited number of low-resolution screenshots:
…qualifies as fair use under United States copyright law. Any other uses of this image, on or elsewhere, may be copyright infringement. See Wikipedia:Non-free content for more information.
- for identification of, and critical commentary on, the software in question,
- in the absence of a free alternative,
- on the English-language, hosted on servers in the United States by the non-profit Wikimedia Foundation,
Though this image is subject to copyright, its use is covered by the U.S. fair use laws, and the stricter requirements of's non-free content policies, because:
- It illustrates an educational article about the OED software that the screenshot represents.
- The image is used as the primary means of visual identification of a specific version of the OED software.
- The image is not part of, nor does it contain, the product logo and so cannot be used to counterfeit the original product.
- It is not replaceable with an uncopyrighted or freely copyrighted image of comparable educational value.
- It is rendered at full size in order to be legible, but is cropped in such a way that the information shown cannot be used to reconsitute the original dictionary entry.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||20:09, 5 March 2017||292 × 342 (7 KB)||DatBot (talk contribs)||Reduce size of non-free image (BOT - disable)|
|21:24, 2 October 2004||No thumbnail||603 × 707 (19 KB)||Heron (talk contribs)||Oxford English Dictionary CD-ROM Version 1 screenshot|
You cannot overwrite this file.
The following pages on the English use this file (pages on other projects are not listed):