DEBORAH BORDA is the president and chief executive officer of the New
York Philharmonic . Previously with the
New York Philharmonic
She has previously served as executive director of the Detroit
Symphony Orchestra , president and managing director of the Saint Paul
Chamber Orchestra , and both general manager and artistic
administrator of the
San Francisco Symphony
Borda is the first David C. Bohnett Presidential Chair of the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association. This title stems from a $10 million endowment made by David Bohnett to the LA Phil in 2014, "in honor of Deborah Borda's continuing accomplishments with the Los Angeles Philharmonic."
During her time with the Los Angeles Philharmonic, Borda oversaw the
completion of the
Walt Disney Concert Hall
Borda joined the Harvard Kennedy School ’s Center for Public Leadership as a Leader-In-Residence in 2015, making her the first fine arts executive to join the center.
* John C. Argue Dickens Medal of Honor * Charles Flint Kellogg Award in Arts and Letters
* ^ Jason Gereben (15 March 2017). "
Deborah Borda Agrees to Take
the Reins of the New York Philharmonic". San Francisco Classical
Voice. Retrieved 8 July 2017.
* ^ I-Chun Chen (16 May 2017). "Philharmonic’s Borda leaving for
New York". New York Business Journal. Retrieved 8 July 2017.
* ^ Alex Ross (23 March 2017). "How the L.A. Phil Can Stay on Top
of the Orchestra World". New Yorker. Retrieved 8 July 2017.
* ^ Deborah Vankin (28 March 2017). "L.A. Phil names Gail Samuel as
acting president". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 8 July 2017.
* ^ Michael Cooper (15 June 2017). "The Los Angeles Philharmonic
Lost Its Leader. Can It Stay on Top". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 16
* ^ Mark Swed (15 March 2017). "In a startling coup, New York lures
L.A. Phil chief Deborah Borda". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 16 June
* ^ "
Deborah Borda - LA Phil President and Chief Executive
Los Angeles Philharmonic Association . Archived
from the original on 2014-07-18. Retrieved 2014-07-28. As President
and Chief Executive Officer of the Los Angeles Philharmonic
Association, Borda...is responsible for the artistic, administrative,
and technical operations of the Philharmonic at Walt Disney Concert
Hall and the Hollywood Bowl...
* ^ "Drawn to the Music", The New York Times, April 9, 2010
* ^ "Most Creative People 2012 - 44, Deborah Borda". Fast Company.
27 April 2012. Retrieved 8 July 2017.
* ^ A B "Deborah Borda, President and CEO of Los Angeles
Philarmonic Association, to be Honored with Bard\'s Kellogg Award at
Bard Music Festival Gala".