The Dealu Mare wine region is located within the Muntenia area of Romania. It is located around Valea Călugărească commune in Prahova County, best known for its red wines, and the Pietroasele commune in Buzău County, best known for white wines. Typically identified as one of the most important wine regions in Romania, it encompasses about 400 square kilometres under the Southern Carpathians.
Red grape varieties grown in Dealu Mare:
White grape varieties grown in Dealu Mare:
- ^ Clarke, Oz. Oz Clarke's New Wine Atlas: Wines and Wine Regions of the World, p. 224 (2002)
- ^ Julyan, Brian K. Sales and Service for the Wine Professional, pp. 159-60 (2008)
- ^ Nash, Nathaniel C. (8 March 1995). Valea Calugareasca Journal; From Communist Vineyards, a Bouquet of Iodine, The New York Times
- ^ Hoge, Tom (13 January 1983) Romanian Wine Wins Fans in the U.S., Palm Beach Post (Associated Press story)
- ^ "Romania wine regions". Retrieved 2013-02-21.
- ^ "O staţiune de cercetare, care are deja un secol, îşi livrează licorile pe piaţa românească" [Century-old research center delivers wines for the Romanian market]. July 1, 2009. Retrieved 2013-02-21.
- ^ Estreicher, Stefan K. Wine: From Neolithic Times to the 21st Century, p. 141 (2006)