DAN LUSTHAUS is an American writer on Buddhism. He is a graduate of
Temple University 's Department of Religion, and is a specialist in
Yogācāra . The author of several articles and books on the topic,
Lusthaus has taught at
Lusthaus also collaborated with Heng-ching Shih in the translation of
Kuiji 's (K'uei-chi) commentary on the
* Lusthaus, Dan (1985). "Reflections on the Mirror Metaphor in
Hui-neng, Chuang Tzu and Lao Tzu". Journal of Chinese Philosophy. 12
(June 1985): 169–178. doi :10.1111/j.1540-6253.1985.tb00005.x .
* Lusthaus, Dan (1990). "Retracing the Human-Nature vs. World-Nature
Dichotomy in Lao Tzu". Journal of Chinese Philosophy. 17 (June 1990):
187–214. doi :10.1111/j.1540-6253.1990.tb00408.x .
* Lusthaus, Dan (1995). Ian P. McGreal, ed., ed. "Lao Tzu" Great
Thinkers of the Eastern World. Harper Collins. CS1 maint: Extra text:
editors list (link )
* Lusthaus, Dan (1999). "A Retrospective of
in the Twentieth Century" Proceedings of the Eleventh Annual
International Conference on Chinese Philosophy, Taipei, Taiwan.
* translated from the Chinese of K'uei-chi (Taishō volume 33,
number 1710) by Heng-ching Shih ; in collaboration with Dan Lusthaus.
(2002). A Comprehensive Commentary on the Heart Sutra
(Prajñāpāramitā-hŗdaya-sūtra) by K'uei-chi, translated by
Heng-Ching Shih in Collaboration with Dan Lusthaus. Berkeley: Numata,
v. 66-I in Tripiţaka Series. Berkeley, Calif.: Numata Center for
Buddhist Translation and Research. ISBN 1-886439-11-7 . CS1 maint:
Multiple names: authors list (link )
* Lusthaus, Dan (2002). Buddhist Phenomenology: A Philosophical
Investigation of Yogacara
* Members database at Daoist Studies.org * Web article listing alumni of various universities' Religion programs.
This Buddhist biography-related article is a stub . You can help by expanding it .
* v * t * e
This article about a United States writer of non-fiction is a stub . You can help by expanding it .
* v * t * e