CRATOGEOMYS is a genus of rodent in the family Geomyidae . It was previously considered a subgenus of Pappogeomys . All species are distributed in Mexico and the Southwest United States, with some species being found in both countries.
It contains the following five species:
* Yellow-faced pocket gopher ( Cratogeomys castanops) * Smoky pocket gopher ( Cratogeomys fumosus) * Goldman\'s pocket gopher ( Cratogeomys goldmani) * Merriam\'s pocket gopher ( Cratogeomys merriami) * Oriental Basin pocket gopher ( Cratogeomys fulvescens)
* ^ Wilson, D.E.; Reeder, D.M., eds. (2005).
* v * t * e
Extant species of family Geomyidae (Pocket gophers)
Desert pocket gopher
Chiriqui pocket gopher
* Cherrie\'s pocket gopher (O. cherriei)
Oaxacan pocket gopher (O. cuniculus)
Darien pocket gopher (O. dariensis)
Giant pocket gopher (O. grandis)
Variable pocket gopher (O. heterodus)
Hispid pocket gopher
* Alcorn\'s pocket gopher (P. alcorni) * Buller\'s pocket gopher (P. bulleri)
Thomomys (Smooth-toothed pocket gophers)
* Botta\'s pocket gopher (T. bottae)
Camas pocket gopher
Wyoming pocket gopher (T. clusius)
Idaho pocket gopher
* Michoacan pocket gopher (Z. trichopus)
* Wd : Q869542 * ADW : Cratogeomys * EoL : 2922549 * Fossilworks : 41652 * GBIF : 7261365 * ITIS : 900136 * MSW : 12800002 * NCBI : 13627
This Geomyidae article is a stub . You can help by expanding it .