The CLASSICAL ASSOCIATION is a British learned society in the field of classics , and a registered charity.
The association was founded on 19 December 1903, and its objects are defined in its constitution as:
* The advancement of education by the promotion, development and maintenance of classical studies * To increase public awareness of the contribution and importance of classics to education and public life.
* 1 Publications * 2 List of Presidents * 3 References * 4 Further reading * 5 External links
The Association publishes three journals: Classical Review, Classical
Quarterly and Greece this includes a history of the association and
studies of various aspects of its activities over the century,
including an account of the
Classical Association of Scotland
Following the merger of the Joint Association of Classical Teachers
Classical Association in 2015, the
Classical Association took
over publication of JACT's journals, the Journal of
LIST OF PRESIDENTS
This list is incomplete ; you can help by expanding it .
Richard Henn Collins (1903– )
Lord Halsbury ( –1906)
Lord Curzon (1906– )
H. H. Asquith (1908–)
Evelyn Baring, 1st Earl of Cromer
* ^ Charity Commission . Classical Association, registered charity
* ^ "The
Classical Association Constitution" (pdf). Retrieved
* ^ "Centenary 1903-2003". Classical Association. Retrieved
* ^ http://www.classicalassociation.org/teaching.html
* ^ http://www.jact.org/ca-merger/
* ^ Philip Hooker, The Presidents, Greece & Rome Vol. 50, The
Classical Association: The First Century 1903-2003 (2003), pp.183-190
* ^ "Lindsey\'s page". The official website of author Lindsey
Davis. Retrieved 1 May 2014.
* ^ A B "
P. J. Rhodes elected president of the Classical
Association". News. Durham University. 24 April 2014. Retrieved 1 May
* ^ "BRITISH ACADEMY PRESIDENT\'S MEDAL". The British Academy.
2013. Archived from the original on 2 May 2014. Retrieved 1 May 2014.
* ^ Jenkin, Stephen (25 February 2014). "Book now or lose out!
Classical Association Conference 2014". The
* Stray, Christopher (2003). The Classical Association: The First Century 1903-2003. Classical Association. ISBN 0-19-852874-4 . * Philip Hooker, The Presidents, Greece border-left-width:2px;border-left-style:solid;width:100%;padding:0px">
* WorldCat Identities * VIAF : 151863592 * LCCN : n85033006 * ISNI : 0000 0001 2342 850X * GND : 41930-8 * SUDOC : 028357299 * BNF : cb12020927c (data)
This article about an education organization is a stub . You can help by expanding it .
* v * t * e
This Ancient Greece related article is a stub . You can help by expanding it .
* v * t * e
This Ancient Rome -related article is a stub . You can help by expanding it .
* v * t * e
Links: ------ /wiki/United_Kingdom /wiki/Learned_society /wiki/Classics /#cite_note-1 /#cite_note-2 /#Publications /#List_of_Presidents /#References /#Further_reading