* 1 Overview * 2 History * 3 Pulitzer Prizes * 4 Prices * 5 See also * 6 References * 7 External links
The Observer primarily serves Charlotte and Mecklenburg County and
the surrounding counties of Iredell , Cabarrus , Union , Lancaster ,
York , Gaston , Catawba , and Lincoln . It publishes local sections
for each of these outlying counties and for specific neighborhoods
within Mecklenburg. The newspaper's circulation covers over 40
counties in North and
Circulation at The Charlotte Observer has been declining for many years. The most recent period (May 2011) showed that Charlotte Observer circulation totaled 155,497 daily and 212,318 Sunday.
In addition to its main bureau in Charlotte, the paper operates six
regional bureaus in Hickory , Gastonia , Concord , Monroe , and
Cornelius , and Fort Mill,
The newspaper has an online presence and its staff also oversees a
The Observer employs approximately 700 employees, down from over
1,200 at its peak, mostly in its downtown Charlotte office. This
includes a staff of about 60 editors and designers that makeup the
McClatchy Southeast Publishing Center, which is responsible for the
production of The Charlotte Observer, The News and of The Herald of
Rock Hill, the primary newspaper for the
The Charlotte Observer headquarters (former)
* 1968 – Editorial cartooning ,
* 1981 – Meritorious public service , staff; "For Brown Lung: A
Case of Deadly Neglect, a hard-hitting look at the terrible health
consequences workers suffered from cotton dust produced in the
region's textile mills."
* 1988 – Editorial cartooning ,
The Charlotte Observer prices are: daily, $1.25 and Sunday/Thanksgiving Day, $3.00 Price is higher outside Mecklenburg and adjacent counties or states.
* North Carolina portal * Journalism portal
* ^ "Our Markets". Sacramento, California: McClatchy Company. Retrieved March 26, 2017. * ^ "Total Circ for US Newspapers". Alliance for Audited Media . March 31, 2013. Retrieved June 30, 2013. * ^ http://www.mondonewspapers.com/usa/circulation/northcarolina.html * ^ "Breaking News, Sports, Weather & More - The Charlotte Observer & CharlotteObserver.com The Charlotte Observer". charlotteobserver.com. * ^ "ThatsRacin". thatsracin.com.