The CENTER FOR EFFECTIVE GOVERNMENT, formerly OMB WATCH, was a
liberal think tank and advocacy group based in
* 1 History * 2 Activities * 3 References * 4 External links
The Center for Effective Government concentrated on four main areas: the role of government; information and access; budget, taxation and government performance; and regulatory policy. The organization's goal was to improve access to decision-makers and energize citizen participation. Charity Navigator rated Center for Effective Government with four stars out of four possible for financial performance, accountability and transparency.
The Center's reports were used by media outlets, such as
Comments by staff were included in newspapers such as the Fiscal Times .
CEG gave testimony, submitted comments, statements and questions for the record, to Congress and other governmental bodies.
* ^ Hess, Hannah (March 14, 2016). "
Think tank focused on
government transparency is closing". Environment & Energy News.
Retrieved 14 June 2016.
* ^ "
Center for Effective Government Closes Doors". Philanthropy
News Digest. March 21, 2016. Retrieved 14 June 2016.
Center for Effective Government - About Us
Charity Navigator Rating - Center for Effective Government
* ^ Josh Gerstein Group gives State Department \'F\' on FOIA
processing 10 March 2015
* ^ A B Wendy Feliz Challenging CBP’s Failure to Respond to FOIA
Requests Immigration Impact, 16 March 2015
* ^ David Dayen How the Government Is Rolling Over for Big Banks
Again. The Fiscal Times, 28 August 2015
* ^ Chris Isidore Uncle Sam\'s outsourcing tab: $517 billion
CNNMoney 10 June 2013
* ^ Testimony Archived March 13, 2016, at the