CATEGORY, plural CATEGORIES, may refer to:
* 1 Philosophy and general uses * 2 Mathematics * 3 Linguistics * 4 Other * 5 See also
PHILOSOPHY AND GENERAL USES
* For categories in cognitive science, information science and generally, see categorization * Category of being * _Categories_ (Aristotle) * Category (Kant) * Categories (Peirce) * Category (Vaisheshika) * Stoic categories
* Category of small categories * Category of sets * Category (topology) in the context of Baire spaces * Lusternik–Schnirelmann category , sometimes called _LS-category_ or simply _category_ * Monoidal category * Preadditive category
* Lexical category , a part of speech such as _noun_, _preposition_, etc. * Syntactic category , a similar concept which can also include phrasal categories * Grammatical category , a grammatical feature such as _tense_, _gender_, etc.
* Category (chess tournament) * Objective-C categories , a computer programming concept * Pregnancy category * Prisoner security categories in the United Kingdom * Weight class (boxing) * List of software categories * Saffir–Simpson hurricane wind scale , a common categorization of hurricane intensities * Categories of New Testament manuscripts * Network cable categories: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5/5e , 6/6a , 7/7a (F) * A classification in a system of compartmentalization (information security)
* All pages with a title containing _Cate