The Buseni tribe (Biseni) lives in central Bayelsa State, Nigeria. It is a small tribe bordered by the Gbaran to the north and by the Zarama and Okordia clans to the northeast.
- June 2002: Soldiers deployed to villages in Buseni territory following an ownership dispute between a Buseni family and AGIP over the ownership of an oil well project.
- December 2001: 10 people were killed during violent clashes between the Okordia and Buseni clans. The violence was sparked by the earlier death of a Buseni youth. Some members of the Buseni clan ambushed Okordia clan members as they returned from working in the fields.
- ^ Alagoa, Ebiegberi Joe (2005). A History of the Niger Delta, Port Harcourt: Onyoma Research Publications. ISBN 978-37314-5-9
- ^ "Nigeria: Large Military Presence Sends Fear Into Minds of Biseni Residents", Vanguard, 18 June 2002.
- ^ "Nigeria: 10 Feared Dead in Bayelsa Clan Clash", This Day, 21 December 2001.