BRIAN HOWES is a Canadian songwriter, producer, multi-instrumentalist, A&R professional and studio owner based in Los Angeles. Howes has won two Juno Awards for his work as a music producer.
* 1 Early life * 2 Career * 3 Awards include
* 4 Discography
* 4.1 Producer
* 5 References * 6 External links
Howes played in a local band, Young Guns, and later fronted the group DDT which blended punk, ska, and rap. The band was signed by Lars Ulrich from Metallica's label through Elektra in the late 1990s. DDT's Urban Observer album was supported by the first single "Walkabout".
With Brian Jennings, Axel G and Robin Diaz, Howes formed the
alternative rock band Closure in 2002 in
Howes went on to become an award winning producer. He produced,
engineered and co-wrote
In 2013 he was given a plaque on the Comox Valley Walk of Achievement.
* SOCAN’s International Achievement Award in 2010 * 2007 and 2012 JUNO Award for Producer of the Year for his work on Hedley and Nickelback. * Nominated for Producer of the Year in 2010 and 2014. * 2008 BMI Pop Awards, including top honor Song of the Year, as well as Top Digital Song for “Lips of an Angel” * Won three additional BMI Pop Awards in 2009 for work with Daughtry and Skillet * Won BMI award for “Light On” (David Cook) in 2009 * Won several SOCAN awards for various projects, including the Pop Rock Award in 2012 * Nominated for a Grammy (Skillet) in 2008 * Dove Award for his work on Skillet’s Comatose
YEAR ARTIST ALBUM
2003 Closure Closure
2005 Hedley Hedley
2006 Skillet Comatose
2007 Faber Driver Seven Second Surgery
Puddle of Mudd Famous
2008 Rev Theory Light It Up
2009 Puddle of Mudd Volume 4: Songs in the Key of Love & Hate
Boys Like Girls
Stellar Revival Love, Lust, and Bad Company
Black Dog Barking
Hedley Wild Life
2015 Hedley Hello
Wikimedia Commons has media related to BRIAN HOWES .
ARTIST ALBUM/SONG PRODUCER/WRITER
Adelitas Way "Adelitas Way" Producer/Writer
Airbourne "Black Dog Barking" Producer/Writer
Boys Like Girls
Caleb Johnson "Forthcoming" Writer
Daughtry Daughtry Writer
Leave This Town Writer
Eleven Past One "Eleven Past One" Producer/Writer
Hedley "Hedley" Producer/Writer
"Famous Last Words" Writer
"The Show Must Go" Producer/Writer
"Wild Life" Producer/Writer
"Take It To The Limit" Producer/Writer
Landon Pigg "Forthcoming" Writer
Puddle of Mudd "Famous" Producer/Writer
"Volume 4: Songs In The Key of Love ">
* ^ A B C D "Brian Howes" Comox Valley Walk of Achievement website
* ^ "The Billboard Reviews". Billboard. Nielsen Business Media,
Inc.: 9– 3 October 2009. ISSN 0006-2510 .
* ^ A B "Renowned producer recalls roots Musicians international
career took flight in the bars of Powell River". Powell River Peak,
Andy Rice, September 11, 2012
* ^ "Closure: Inspired By Red Wine And AC/DC » Chart Attack
Indie and Alternative Music". Chart Attack. 2003-05-29. Retrieved
* ^ "Closure The Gauntlet". Thegauntlet.ca. 2003-07-31. Archived
from the original on 2013-11-04. Retrieved 2013-11-03. at the Wayback
* ^ Words & Music. Volume 13, Issue 4. Society of Composers,
Authors, and Music Publishers of Canada. 2006. p. 8.
* ^ A B Daavid Kawai (2012-04-01). "