BOB SCHRECK (born February 2, 1955) is an American comic book writer and editor. A co-founder of Oni Press , Schreck worked for long stretches at both Dark Horse Comics and DC Comics . He is currently editor-in-chief of Legendary Comics .
* 1 Career * 2 Personal life * 3 Awards * 4 Notes * 5 External links
Schreck, second from left, at the
Legendary Comics panel at the
New York Comic Con
One of Shreck's earliest jobs in comics was working with Creation Entertainment in the early 1980s on their Creation conventions. For much of the 1980s he served as administrative director at Comico Comics .
He left Dark Horse in 1997 and shortly thereafter co-founded Oni Press with Joe Nozemack. Oni's goal was publishing comics and graphic novels the founders would want to read. Unsatisfied with the material that was dominating the industry, they believed firmly that sequential art could be used to tell virtually any story.
After leaving DC, Schreck joined IDW Publishing as a senior editor, where he also wrote the comic book series Jurassic Park: Redemption.
Shreck was married for a short period to Diana Schutz , who he met in the early 1980s while he was at Creation Entertainment. He is openly bisexual.
* 1990: Won Inkpot Award
* Won "Best Anthology" Harvey Award for Dark Horse Presents * Nominated for "Best Editor" Eisner Award , for Madman , Dark Horse Presents, Rascals in Paradise * Nominated for "Best Anthology" Eisner Award, for Dark Horse Presents
* Won "Best Anthology" Harvey Award for Oni Double Feature * Nominated for "Best Anthology" Eisner Award, for Oni Double Feature
* ^ Miller, John Jackson (June 10, 2005). "Comics Industry
Birthdays". Comics Buyer\'s Guide . Archived from the original on
October 30, 2010.
* ^ A B Thomas, Michael "Reining in a Dark Horse: An Interview with
Comic Book Resources , December 20, 2001. Accessed
March 17, 2008