BELIZE BANK (BB) is the first, oldest continuing, and largest bank in
Belize . It has over BZ$825 million in assets (2007) and BZ$182
million of capital reserves (2007). Its network of 13 branches covers
the entire country. BB has a 44% market share in loans and 38% market
share in deposits. It maintains an international banking subsidiary in
Turks and Caicos Islands
Turks and Caicos Islands . Apart from the normal personal and
corporate banking service,
Belize Bank offers high school scholarships
and six form scholarships to students in need. A total of 12 students
are benefiting from these scholarship programs each year.
* 1 History
* 2 The Board
* 3 References
* 4 External links
American investors from
Mobile, Alabama , incorporated the BANK OF
BRITISH HONDURAS in 1902, and it commenced operations in 1903. In 1912
Royal Bank of Canada
Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) bought the bank and proceeded to operate it
as a branch.
In 1987, RBC sold the bank to an investment group headed by Lord
Belize Holdings, Inc., then Carlisle Holdings, then Belize
Bank Holdings; the new owners renamed the bank, "
Belize Bank established
Belize Bank (Turks and Caicos) -
Belize Bank (TCI)." As a result of expanding Caribbean business, in
Belize Bank Ltd, changed its name to British Caribbean
* Cheryl Jones, non-executive Director (American)
* Dr Euric Bobb, non-executive director, (Trinidadian)
* Dr Ydahlia Metzgen, non-executive director (American/Belizean)
* Lyndon Guiseppi, CEO and Executive Chairman (Trinidadian)
* Filippo Alario, Deputy CEO (US/Italian)
* Geraldine Davis-Young, non-executive Director (Belizean)
* Michael Coye, Chief Financial Officer (Belizean)
Belize Bank. "
Belize Bank Scholarship Program". Archived from
the original on 3 July 2014. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
* ^ "BCB Holdings". Trinidad & Tobego Telegraph. 2009-11-05.