The Bank of Algeria (Arabic: بنك الجزائر, French: Banque d'Algérie) is the central bank of Algeria. The bank is located in Algiers and its current governor is Aïmene Benabderrahmane.
The Bank of Algeria sets the conditions under which banks and financial institutions in Algeria and abroad can be allowed to be in Algeria and to operate there. It establishes, moreover, the conditions under which such authority may be amended or withdrawn.
The organization of the bank includes the Conseil de la Monnaie et du Crédit, the Commission Bancaire (Banking Commission) and the Bank of Algeria itself.
- Seghir Mostefaï, 1962-1981
- Mahfoud Aouﬁ, 1981-1982
- Rachid Bouraoui, 1982-1985
- Bader Eddine Nouioua, 1985-1989
- Abderrahmane Hadj-Nacer, 1989-1992
- Abdelwahab Keramane, 1992-2001
- Mohamed Laksaci, 2001-2016
- Mohamed Loukal, 2016-2019
- Amar Hiouani, 2019
- Aïmene Benabderrahmane, 2019-