Bal Ram Nanda (1917 – 30 May 2010) was a writer from New Delhi, India. He was the preeminent Indian biographer of Mahatma Gandhi,
After studying student of History at Lahore University, B.R. Nanda joined the Indian Railways Services, of which he was a senior railway officer.
He was the first Director of the Nehru Memorial Museum & Library, New Delhi.
Nanda died on 30 May 2010 at his New Delhi residence.
- Mahatma Gandhi: A biography (translated into French, Spanish, Italian and several Indian languages).
- Gandhi and his critics
- Gokhale, Gandhi, and the Nehrus
- In Search of Gandhi: Essays and Reflections
- Gandhi: pan-Islamism, imperialism, and nationalism in India
- Motilal Nehru (Builders of modern India), Publications Division, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Govt. of India, 1964
- Socialism in India, Nehru Memorial Museum and Library. Vikas Publications, 1972
- Gandhi: a Pictorial Biography. New Delhi Publications Division, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting. 1972. OCLC 540771.
- Gandhi and his critics, Oxford Univ. Pr., 1985
- Road to Pakistan 2010