BANCO BILBAO VIZCAYA ARGENTARIA, S.A. (BBVA) (Spanish pronunciation:
is a multinational Spanish banking group. It was formed from a merger
Bilbao Vizcaya and Argentaria in 1999, and is the second
largest bank in Spain. The company is a constituent of the IBEX 35
Euro Stoxx 50 stock market index . In 2007, the firm started an
initiative to digitally transform the bank. Following implementation,
it saw a 19% year-on-year increase in new customers. As of 2015, the
total number of these clients stood at 14.8 million.
* 1 Credit ratings
* 2 Mergers and acquisitions
* 3 Presence on stock market indexes
* 3.2 Eurostoxx 50
* 4 International subsidiaries
* 5 U.S. sports market presence
* 6 See also
* 7 References
* 8 External links
As of March 2013 BBVA had the following debt ratings with the four
major rating agencies:
LONG TERM RATING
SHORT TERM RATING
BBVA head-office building in
BBVA building in Madrid.
PRESENCE ON STOCK MARKET INDEXES
The BBVA is included in the IBEX 35, the official index of the
Spanish Continuous Market composed of the 35 most liquid stocks traded
on continuous market. The BBVA has a market capitalization of about
51,882 million euros with a share value between 5 and 8 euros.
BBVA bank lists in Eurostoxx 50 along with other banks like Santander
Bank and Deutsche
* BBVA Prevision AFP
* BBVA (Chile)
* BBVA (Colombia)
* BBVA (Paraguay)
* BBVA (Uruguay)
* Simple Finance Technology Corporation
U.S. SPORTS MARKET PRESENCE
BBVA Compass logo.
On September 13, 2010 BBVA became an official sponsor of the
From 2011 to 2014, BBVA sponsored the
Birmingham Bowl , a postseason
college football game played in
Birmingham, Alabama , during which
time the game was known as the
BBVA Compass Bowl. For the first three
editions under the sponsorship contract, the game featured teams from
the Big East Conference and
Southeastern Conference . Following the
2013 split of the Big East along football lines, the former Big East
berth was inherited by that conference's football-sponsoring offshoot,
American Athletic Conference . On May 12, 2012, BBVA Compass
Stadium opened in downtown
Texas . It was built as the home
Houston Dynamo soccer team, and from its opening has also
Texas Southern University football team. Since 2014 , the
stadium has also hosted home games of the
Houston Dash , a team in the
National Women\'s Soccer League that is owned and operated by the
* Companies portal
BBVA Rising Stars Challenge
NBA exhibition basketball game
BBVA Foundation Frontiers of Knowledge Award annual science and
humanities award since 2009
* Big Four (Spanish banking)
* ^ _A_ _B_ 4-traders. "Banco
Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria S.A. :
Financials, earnings estimates and forecasts for Banco
Argentaria S.A. - BBVA - 4-Traders". _4-traders.com_. Retrieved 20
* ^ "Banco
Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria S.A. ADR". _marketwatch.com_.
Retrieved 20 June 2016.
* ^ _A_ _B_ "Financial Data - BBVA". _bbva.com_. Retrieved 20 June
* ^ "Annual Results 2015". BBVA. Retrieved 20 July 2016.
* ^ "Los cuatro grandes, más fuertes que nunca (The big four,
stronger than ever) _(spanish)_". ABC .es.
* ^ "Börse Frankfurt (Frankfurt Stock Exchange): Stock market
quotes, charts and news".
* ^ "Mentor
Europe 5 Excellent Examples of Successful
* ^ "S Outlook Stable", December 2, 2013
* ^ "Moody’s Rating Report", March 4, 2014
* ^ "Fitch Downgrades Santander & BBVA to \'BBB+\'/Negative Outlook
on Sovereign Action", November 8, 2013
* ^ "DBRS Lowers BBVA to \'A\' After Downgrade of
Spain to A (low),
Trend Now Negative", August 10, 2012
* ^ _A_ _B_ David Wolman (February 26, 2014). "The
Bank and the
Anti-Bank". _The New Yorker_. Retrieved 26 January 2015.
* ^ Reuters Editorial (13 September 2010). "BBVA becomes NBA
sponsor". _Reuters India_.