ARCADIA PUBLISHING is an American publisher of neighborhood, local ,
and regional history of the
United States in pictorial form.
Publishing also runs the History Press, which publishes
text-driven books on American history and folklore.
* 1 History
The History Press
The History Press
* 3 Distribution
* 4 See also
* 5 References
* 6 External links
It was founded in
Dover, New Hampshire
Dover, New Hampshire , in 1993 by United Kingdom
Publishing , but became independent in 2004. The
corporate office is in
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina .
It has a catalog of more than 12,000 titles, and it—along with its
subsidiary, The History Press—publishes 900 new titles every year.
Its formula for regional publishing is to use local writers or
historians to write about their community using 180 to 240
black-and-white photographs with captions and introductory paragraphs
in a 128 page book. The Images of America series is the company's
largest product line. Other series include Images of Rail, Images of
Sports, Images of Baseball, Black America, Postcard History, Campus
History, Corporate History, Legendary Locals, Images of Modern
America, and Then border:solid #aaa 1px">
* South Carolina portal
* Companies portal
* ^ "Histories in the Making".
The Philadelphia Inquirer
The Philadelphia Inquirer . April
11, 2002 – via Newsbank.
* ^ Nolte, Carl (October 27, 2005). "Mini-Americana Publisher Finds
Small to Be Bountiful".
San Francisco Chronicle
San Francisco Chronicle .
* ^ Rice, Mark (Fall 2009). "Arcadian Visions of the Past" (PDF).
Columbia Journal of American Studies. Vol. 9. pp. 7–26. Retrieved
September 19, 2017. (analysis of the successful Images of America
* ^ "Our Story". Arcadia Publishing. Retrieved June 11, 2009.
* ^ Hall, Alan (March 20, 2005). "The Book Is at the Printer!".
Library of Steubenville and Jefferson County, Ohio. Archived
from the original on October 2, 2006. Retrieved August 24, 2007.
Hall, Alan (July 3, 2005). "Steubenville A Book Written by
Library of Steubenville and Jefferson County,
Ohio. Archived from the original on October 2, 2006. Retrieved August
Hall is a co-author and describes the process of writing and editing
an Acadia book Steubenville ISBN 978-0-7385-3399-5 . * ^ Staff,
Writer (2010-02-10). "Arcadia
Publishing Becomes 100% FSC Certified".
Publishers Weekly . Retrieved 2017-11-03.
* ^ "The History Press". Arcadia Publishing. Retrieved November 15,
* ^ "American Legends". The History Press. Retrieved January 23,
* ^ "Forgotten Tales". The History Press. Retrieved January 23,
* ^ "Haunted America". The History Press. Retrieved November 15,
* ^ "Arcadia
Publishing Buys The History Press". Publishers Weekly
. July 9, 2014. Retrieved January 23, 2018.
* ^ Milliot, Jim (August 9, 2004). "Arcadia
Publishers Weekly '. Retrieved August 24, 2007.