ARCADIA PUBLISHING is an American publisher of local history .
* 1 History * 2 The History Press * 3 Distribution * 4 See also * 5 References * 6 External links
It was founded in
Dover, New Hampshire , in 1993 by United Kingdom
Its formula for regional publishing is to use local writers or historians to write about their community using 180 to 240 black-and-white photographs with captions and introductory paragraphs in a 128 page book. The _Images of America_ series is the company's largest product line.
Other series include _Images of Rail, Images of Sports, Images of Baseball, Black America, Postcard History, Campus History, Corporate History, Legendary Locals, Images of Modern America_, and _Then border:solid #aaa 1px">
* South Carolina portal
* Companies portal
* ^ "Histories in the making", _
The Philadelphia Inquirer _, April
* ^ Nolte, Carl. "Mini-Americana publisher finds small to be
San Francisco Chronicle _, October 27, 2005.
* ^ Rice, Mark. "Arcadian Visions of the Past", _Columbia Journal
of American Studies_, Volume 9, (Fall 2009), Retrieved September 27,
2010 (analysis of the successful _Images of America_ series).
* ^ Hall, Alan. "The Book Is at the Printer!" Archived October 2,
2006, at the
Wayback Machine . March 20, 2005, and "_Steubenville_ A
Book Written by Librarians" Archived October 2, 2006, at the Wayback
Machine ., July 3, 2005. Public