AICHI UNIVERSITY (愛知大学,
Aichi Daigaku) is a private
Aichi Prefecture ,
Japan . Its campuses are located in
Toyohashi and Higashi-ku,
* 1 History
* 2 Chronology
* 3 Organization
* 3.1 Undergraduate Programs
* 3.2 Graduate Programs
* 3.3 Research Centers
* 4 References
* 5 External links
The University's predecessor was founded by
Konoe Atsumaro as an
overseas Japanese institution of higher education in the Hong Qiao
(虹桥) District of
Shanghai in 1901, and was chartered as TOA
DOBUNSHOIN UNIVERSITY (東亜同文書院大学, Tōa dōbunshoin
daigaku) in 1939. The school produced numerous leaders who took part
China 's modernisation process in the early 20th century, with
financial and intellectual support from Japan.
At the end of
World War II
World War II , the university faced closure. Its
Aichi University, was established by staff and
students who had previously been based at the university and other
overseas Japanese institutions in
Japan in 1946.
* 1901: Toa Dobunshoin is established in
China by Konoe
* 1939: Toa Dobunshoin is promoted to university status.
* 1945: Toa Dobunshoin
University closes in the wake of
World War II
World War II .
University is established as an old-style university
by teaching staff and students of the now defunct Toa Dobunshoin
Toyohashi campus opens. Faculty of Law and Economics is
* 1949: Chartered as a new-style university. Faculty of Letters is
* 1951: Kurumamichi campus opens. Community Research Institute is
established at the
* 1959: Women's Junior College is established.
* 1968: First edition of
Aichi University's "Comprehensive
Chinese-Japanese Dictionary" is published, the first ever
comprehensive Chinese-Japanese dictionary.
* 1988: Miyoshi,
Aichi campus opens.
* 1989: The Faculty of Economics and Law is reorganized. The Faculty
of Law, Faculty of Economics and Faculty of Business Administration
are established in its place.
* 1997: Faculty of Modern Chinese Studies is established.
* 1998: Faculty of International Communication is established.
* 2004: Kurumamichi campus is rebuilt. Graduate School of Law is
Confucius Institute is established at
Graduate School of Accounting is established.
* 2011: Faculty of Regional Policy is established.
Nagoya campus is opened in the Sasashima Live 24 District by
Nagoya Station . Miyoshi,
Aichi campus closes. University
headquarters and Graduate School moved to Kurumamichi campus.
* Faculty of Law (Department of Law)
* Faculty of Economics (Department of Economics)
* Faculty of Business Administration (Department of Business
Administration; Department of Accounting and Finance)
* Faculty of Modern Chinese Studies (Department of Modern Chinese
* Faculty of International Communication (Department of English
Studies; Department of Comparative Culture)
* Faculty of Letters (De