ÆON CO., LTD. (イオン株式会社, Ion Kabushiki-gaisha), commonly written AEON CO., LTD., is the holding company of Æon Group . It has its headquarters in Mihama-ku , Chiba , Chiba Prefecture .
It operates all the AEON Retail Stores (formerly known as JUSCO supermarkets) directly in Japan. Meanwhile, AEON CO. (M) BHD operates all the AEON Retail Stores directly in Malaysia .
ÆON is the largest retailer in Asia. ÆON is a retail network comprising around 300 consolidated subsidiaries and 26 equity-method affiliated companies ranging from convenience stores " Ministop " and supermarkets to shopping malls and specialty stores , including Talbots . ÆON is Japan's single-largest shopping mall developer and operator.
* 1 History * 2 See also * 3 References * 4 External links
The company was established in September 1926. In 1970, three companies, Futagi, Okadaya, and Shiro, formed JUSCO Co., Ltd. The employees voted to name the company " Japan United Stores Company". On August 21, 2001, the company became ÆON Co., Ltd. On August 21, 2008 the corporate structure changed. ÆON Co., Ltd. became a holding company while ÆON Retail Co., Ltd. took over the retail operations formerly held by ÆON Co., Ltd.
As of March 1, 2011, all JUSCO and Saty stores under the ÆON umbrella in Japan officially changed their names to ÆON while all the JUSCO stores and shopping centres in Malaysia are fully re-branded into ÆON since March 2012. However, JUSCO stores still operate in the Greater China region and some others.
In November 2012, ÆON acquired the operation of Carrefour Malaysia with an enterprise value of €250 million. All of the current Carrefour hypermarkets and supermarkets in Malaysia will be fully re-branded into "ÆON Big" in the near future. The acquisition of Carrefour Malaysia will make ÆON as the second largest retailer in the nation, combining the sales from ÆON Retail stores (formerly known as JUSCO ) and current Carrefour outlets. Post-acquisition, ÆON's ASEAN business vice president said the retail giant envisages to open 100 outlets in various formats in the country by year 2020.
AEON Stores (Hong Kong) Co., Limited was established in Hong Kong in November 1987 and listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange in February 1994. AEON aims to develop a chain operation in Hong Kong and offer value-for-money merchandise to Hong Kong customers.
* ^ A B "Aeon 2011 Group Profile." Æon. Retrieved on September 15, 2011. "Head Office: 1-5-1 Nakase, Mihama-ku, Chiba-shi, Chiba 261-8515, Japan" * ^ Hollinger, Peggy (4 October 2015). "Japan\'s ANA eyes stake in Vietnam Airlines". Financial Times. Retrieved 5 October 2015. * ^ http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/business/article/carrefour-sells-malaysian-ops-to-ÆON * ^ http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2012/11/2/business/12262472&sec=business * ^ http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2012/11/3/business/12261834;background:none transparent;border:none;-moz-box-shadow:none;-webkit-box-shadow:none;box-shadow:none;">v
* t * e
* 7&i * Astellas * Canon * Denso * FANUC * Hitachi * Honda * JR Central * JR East * JT * KDDI * Mitsubishi Corporation * Mitsubishi Estate * Mitsui border-left-width:2px;border-left-style:solid;width:100%;padding:0px">
* ÆON * Ajinomoto * ANA * Asahi Breweries * Asahi Kasei * Bridgestone * Chubu Electric Power * Concordia Financial * Dai-ichi Life * Daiichi Sankyo * Daikin * Daito Trust Construction * Daiwa House * Daiwa Securities * Eisai * Fast Retailing * Fujifilm * Fuji Heavy Industries * Fujitsu * Hoya * INPEX * Isuzu * Itochu * Japan Airlines * JR West * JFE * JXTG * Kao * KEPCO * Keyence * Kirin * Komatsu * Kubota * Kyocera * Marubeni * Mazda * Mitsubishi Chemical * Mitsubishi Electric * Mitsubishi Heavy Industries * MS&AD * Nidec * Nintendo * Nitto Denko * NSSMC * Ono Pharmaceutical * Oriental Land * Orix * Osaka Gas * Otsuka Pharmaceutical * Rakuten * Resona * Secom * Sekisui House * Shionogi * Shiseido * SMC * Sompo Holdings * Sumitomo Corporation * Sumitomo Electric * Sumitomo Metal Mining * Sumitomo Mitsui Trust * Sumitomo Realty * Suzuki * T;background:none transparent;border:none;-moz-box-shadow:none;-webkit-box-shadow:none;box-shadow:none;">v
* t * e
* 7&i * Advantest * ÆON * AGC * Ajinomoto * Alps * ANA * Amada * Aozora Bank * Asahi Breweries * Asahi Kasei * Astellas * Bridgestone * Canon * Casio * Chiba Bank * Chiyoda * Chuden * Chugai * Citizen * Comsys * Concordia Financial * Credit Saison * Dai-ichi Life * Daiichi Sankyo * Daikin * Dainippon Screen * Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma * Daiwa House * Daiwa Securities * Denka * Denso * Dentsu * DNP * Dowa * Ebara * Eisai * Fanuc * Fast Retailing * Fuji Electric * Fuji Heavy Industries * Fujifilm * Fujikura * Fujitsu * Fukuoka Financial * Furukawa Co., Ltd. * Furukawa Electric * GS Yuasa * Heiwa Real Estate * Hino * Hitachi * Hitachi Construction Machinery * Hitz * Hokuetsu Paper * Honda * IHI * INPEX * Isetan-Mitsukoshi * Isuzu * Itochu * JFE * J. Front Retailing * JGC * JR Central * JR East * JR West * JSW * JT * JTEKT * JXTG * Kajima * KEPCO * Kao * Kawasaki * KDDI * Keio * Keisei * Kikkoman * Kirin * K Line * Kobelco * Komatsu * Konami * Konica Minolta * Kubota * Kuraray * Kyocera * Kyowa Hakko Kirin * Marubeni * Maruha Nichiro * Marui * Matsui Securities * Mazda * Meidensha * Meiji Holdings * MES * Minebea * Mitsubishi Chemical * Mitsubishi Corporation * Mitsubishi Electric * Mitsubishi Estate * Mitsubishi Heavy Industries * Mitsubishi Logistics * Mitsubishi Materials * Mitsubishi Motors * Mitsui & Co. * Mitsui Chemicals * Mitsui Fudosan * Mitsui Kinzoku *