() is a Japanese corporation founded in 1873. Its main areas of business are building construction
, civil engineering
, and real estate development
. Taisei's headquarters are located at Shinjuku Center Building
Taisei has 15 branch offices, 1 technology center, 46 domestic offices, 12 overseas offices, 29 consolidated subsidiaries and 43 affiliated companies accounted for by the equity-method.
Taisei Corporation is one of the five so called Japanese , the other four being Kajima Corporation
, Shimizu Corporation
, Takenaka Corporation
and Obayashi Corporation
. Taisei Corporation has its roots in Okura established by Baron Ōkura Kihachirō
(大倉 喜八郎). Following the dissolution of the zaibatsu after World War II
, Taisei was restructured as an employee-owned corporation and is currently the only employee-owned Japanese large scale general contractor among the "super general contractors"; the other four are owned and controlled by families.
Taisei has successfully constructed several civil and building projects including skyscrapers, dams, bridges, tunnels, subways as well as residential housing projects both in Japan and overseas. Taisei is also well known in Japan for its disaster resistant housing brand .
Noted international projects where Taisei was involved include the expansion of the Palm Islands
undersea tunnel in Dubai
, the Bosphorus undersea tunnel
in Turkey, the New Doha International Airport
, the Noi Bai International Airport
Terminal 2 in Hanoi
, the Mega Bridge
in Thailand, the Cần Thơ Bridge
and the Iloilo International Airport
in Iloilo City
Taisei was founded in 1873 as . It became in 1887, and was renamed Taisei Corporation in 1946.
* 1873 October - Okura Kihachiro
founded Okuragumi Shokai.
* 1887 March - Nippon Doboku Co., Ltd. was established as a limited liability company.
* 1892 November - Dissolution of Nippon Doboku Co., Ltd and establishment of .
* 1911 November - Renamed to .
* 1920 - Renamed to .
* 1924 - Renamed to .
* 1946 January - Renamed to Taisei Corporation.
The following are some notable achievements of Taisei since its establishment in 1873.
* 1882 - Ginza
Arc Lights: The first electrical street lighting in Japan was installed on Ginza Dori shopping street in Tokyo
* 1882 - Rokumeikan
, a beautiful western-style building was constructed
* 1890 - Lake Biwa Lock and Tunnel
: A modern development project in Kyoto to use the water of Lake Biwa in a canal and for power generation
* 1923 - New Imperial Hotel
: The first real Western style hotel in Japan, designed by Frank Lloyd Wright
, was constructed.
* 1927 - Tokyo's Ginza Subway Line
, Japan's first subway connecting Ueno
* 1955 - The terminal building at Tokyo International Airport (Haneda
) was constructed
* 1958 - National Stadium
, the first major athletic stadium in Japan was constructed for the third Asian Games
. After modification in 1963, it was used as the main stadium of the Tokyo Olympics
* 1964 - Hotel New Otani, Japan's first skyscraper constructed in time to accommodate visitors to the 1964 Tokyo Olympics.
* 1965 - Mt. Fuji Weather Station
, one of Japan's main meteorological observing stations. It was constructed under harsh weather conditions at the highest altitude in Japan.
* 1968 - Completion of the new Imperial Palace
* 1988 - Seikan Tunnel
is Japan's longest railway tunnel connecting Hakodate
by land. It took over 20 years to complete.
* 1989 - Completion of the Yokohama Bay Bridge
* 1991 - Tokyo Metropolitan Government Main Building No. 1, a symbolic building towering over the new city center of Tokyo.
* 1994 - Kannongawa River water-conveyance conduit (Original client: Kawasaki City, Client: Japan Sewage Works Agency), for which the spherical shield production process (horn industrial method) was adopted for the first time in the world.
* 2001 - Sapporo Dome
is a large dome constructed for the 2002 World Cup
. With its hovering sliding pitch stage, the dome can host indoor football and baseball games.
* 2009 - Djibouti Kempinski
Hotel, a high-class five-star hotel was designed and constructed in just nine months.
* 2010 - Tokyo International Airport (Haneda) Runway D adopted the world's first hybrid structure that combines a reclaimed land portion with a jetty portion.
* 2012 - JP Tower
is a seismic isolated building that preserves part of the old Tokyo Station Central Post Office on a block that faces Tokyo Station Plaza
* 2013 - Opening of the Bosphorus undersea tunnel
, Istanbul, Turkey. The undersea tunnel was constructed by the immersed tunnel method to form the world's deepest immersed tunnel, in one of the most rapid ocean currents in the world.
* 2014 - Completed construction of the Noi Bai International Airport
Terminal, Hanoi, Vietnam
* 2016 - Sumitomo Fudosan Roppongi Grand Tower. Completed a high-rise building of about 230 meters tall, housing three functions of commercial office space, residential space, and retail space, in an extensive area of about 27,000 square meters that is adjacent to Roppongi-itchome Station on the Tokyo Metro Namboku Line
Taisei's headquarters is located in Shinjuku Center Building
. Taisei has 15 branch offices, 1 technology center, 46 domestic offices and 6 major domestic subsidiaries.
* Taisei ROTEC Corporation
* Taisei-Yuraku Real Estate Co., Ltd.
* Taisei U-LEC Co., Ltd.
* Taisei Setsubi Co., Ltd.
* Taisei Housing Corporation
* Seiwa Renewal Works Co., Ltd.
Taisei's international operations headquarters is located in Shinjuku Center Building
Office: Zone B, 6F, No. 16, Sec. 4, Nan-Jing E. Road, Taipei, Taiwan R. O. C.; TEL. 886-2-2578-5656; FAX. 886-2-2578-3300
* Middle East Office Doha
: Corner Abdullah Bin Jassim St. United Bank Bldg. 4th Floor, Facing QNB Bldg, Doha - Qatar, P.O. BOX 47366; TEL. 974-4443-4174; FAX. 974-4443-7176
* Kuala Lumpur
Office: 9–3, 9th Floor, Faber Imperial Court, Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; TEL. 60-3-2070-6155; FAX. 60-3-2070-6010
Office: PLAZA OLEOS 18th Floor JI. TB Simatupang No.53, Pasar Minggu Jakarta Selatan, 12520, Indonesia; TEL. 62-21-2278-3902; FAX. 62-21-2278-3903
Office: #602, 6th Floor, Tower B, Global Business Park,M.G. Road, Gurgaon, Haryana-122002, India; TEL. 91-124-466-9800; FAX. 91-124-466-9888
Office: Office-A, 5th Floor, Block-A, Saudi Pak Tower, 61-A, Jinnah Ave., Islamabad, Pakistan; TEL. 92-51-8316620; FAX. 92-51-8316629
Office: 2F, Song Da Bldg., Pham Hung Rd, My Dinh 1, Nam Tu Liem Dist., Hanoi, Vietnam; TEL. 84-24-3553-5032,-5033; FAX. 84-24-3553-5002
* Ho Chi Minh City
Office: Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Hochiminh City Branch Building 7th FL, 171 Vo Thi Sau St., Ward7, District-3, Hochiminh City, Vietnam; TEL. 84-28-3932-1759; FAX. 84-28-3932-1758
Office: 9th Floor, Thanapoom Tower, 1550 New Petchburi Road, Kwaeng Makkasan, Khet Rachtavee, Bangkok 10400, Thailand; TEL. 66-2-207-0330; FAX. 66-2-207-0332
Office: BDO Equitable Tower, 8751 Paseo de Roxas, Salcedo Village, Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines 1227; TEL. 63-2-528-3117; FAX. 63-2-528-3117
Office: 2nd Floor, Tokyo Enterprise Building, No.32, Pyay Road, 6-1/2 Miles, Hlaing Township, Yangon, Myanmar; TEL. 95-1-654-838
Office: No.177, 3rd Floor, Galle Road, Colombo 03, Sri Lanka; TEL. 94-11-2446194; FAX. 94-11-2446198
* North Africa Office Cairo
: 25th, Rd. No.10, Station Sqr, Maadl, Cairo, Arab Republic of Egypt; TEL. 20-2-2378-3609; FAX. 20-2-2380-1362
Office: Barbaros Mah. Seyit Ahmet Deresi Sok. Bahar Sitesi Yani, 34662 Altunizade - Uskudar Istanbul, Turkey; TEL. 90-216-651-8160; FAX. 90-216-651-8180
Subsidiaries and Affiliates
* PT.TAISEI PULAUINTAN CONSTRUCTION INTERNATIONAL : PLAZA OLEOS 18th Floor JI. TB Simatupang No.53, Pasar Minggu Jakarta Selatan, 12520, Indonesia; TEL. 62-21-2278-3906; FAX. 62-21-2278-3903
* PT. INDOTAISEI INDAH DEVELOPMENT (Cikampek Office): Kawasan Industri Indotaisei, Kota Bukit Indah Sector IA, Block B Karihurip, Cikampek, Karawan, Jawa Barat, INDONESIA; TEL. 62-264-351-003; FAX. 62-264-351-026
* TAISEI (THAILAND) CO., LTD.: 9th Floor, Thanapoom Tower, 1550 New Petchburi Road, Kwaeng Makkasan, Khet Rachtavee, Bangkok 10400, THAILAND; TEL. 66-2-207-0330; FAX. 66-2-207-0332
* VINATA INTERNATIONAL LTD.CO. (Head Office): 3F, Song Da Bldg., Pham Hung Rd, My Dinh 1, Nam Tu Liem Dist., Hanoi, VIETNAM; TEL. 84-24-3553-3839, -3840; FAX. 84-24-3553-3788
* VINATA INTERNATIONAL LTD.CO. (Ho Chi Minh City Branch Office): 7th FL, VIETNAM CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY TOWER,171 Vo Thi Sau St., District3, Hochiminh City, VIETNAM; TEL. 84-28-3932-1765; FAX. 84-28-3932-1764
* CSCEC-TAISEI CONSTRUCTION, LTD. (Head Office): 4thFloor, Building No. 8, Foreign Culture Creativity Park, 19 Chegongzhuang Xi Road, Haidian District, BEIJING, P.R.C. 10048; TEL. 86-10-6845-1267; FAX. 86-10-6845-1266
* CSCEC-TAISEI CONSTRUCTION, LTD. (Shanghai Branch): 3rd Floor No.6419 SanLuLu, Pudong Xin Qu, Shanghai, P.R.C. 200120; TEL. 86-21-6209-9757; FAX. 86-21-6209-9758
* TAISEI PHILIPPINE CONSTRUCTION INCORPORATED: 23rd Floor, BDO Equitable Bank Tower, Paseo de Roxas, Salcedo Village, Makati, PHILIPPINES; TEL. 63-2-886-0670; FAX. 63-2-886-0663
TAISEI MYANMAR CO., LTD.: 2nd Floor, Tokyo Enterprise Building, No.32, Pyay Road, 6-1/2 Miles, Hlaing Township, Yangon, MYANMAR; TEL. 95-1-654-838
Image:Shinjuku Center Building 2008.jpg|Shinjuku Center Building, headquarters of Taisei Corporation in Tokyo.
Image:Iloilo_Airport_Exterior.jpg|Iloilo International Airport, Iloilo City, Philippines completed jointly by Taisei Corporation and Shimizu Corporation in 2007.
Image:Noi Bai International Airport Terminal 2 Night View.JPG|Night view of the Noi Bai International Airport Terminal 2.
Image:Yokohama_Baybridge.jpg|Yokohama Bay Bridge
Image:JP-Tower-01.jpg|The JP Tower building in front of Tokyo Station.
Image:Hamad_International_Airport_Doha_Qatar_1.jpg|The New Doha International Airport in Qatar
Taisei CorporationTaisei Corporation
Category:Engineering companies of Japan
Category:Construction and civil engineering companies of Japan
Category:Companies based in Tokyo
Category:Construction and civil engineering companies based in Tokyo
Category:Real estate companies based in Tokyo
Category:Japanese companies established in 1873
Category:Companies listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange
Category:Construction and civil engineering companies established in 1873