Yukon is a type of
Patience (or forbearance
Forbearance, in the context of a mortgage
A mortgage loan or simply mortgage () is a loan
In finance, a loan is the lending of money by one or more individuals, organizations, or other entities to other ind ...
Solitaire is any tabletop game which one can play by oneself, usually with cards, but also with dominoes. The term "solitaire" is also used for single-player games of concentration and skill using a set layout tiles
Tiles are thin objects ... card game
A card game is any game
A game is a structured form of play
Play most commonly refers to:
* Play (activity), an activity done for enjoyment
* Play (theatre), a work of drama
Play may refer also to:
Computers and technology
* Googl ...
using a single deck of playing cards like
, but there is no deck or stock, and manipulation of the tableau works differently.
["Yukon" in ]
Yukon has the following adjustments to the game-play of standard
Klondike is a solitaire
In North America, Klondike_(solitaire).html"_;"title="patience_games_like_Klondike_(solitaire)">Klondike,_are_called_solitaire.
* There are 7 rows of tableau stacks, and 4 foundations that build up in suit (see screenshots to the right)
* Groups of cards can be moved; the cards below the one to be moved do not need to be in any order, except that the starting and target cards must be built in sequence and in alternate color. For example, a group starting with a Red 3 can be moved on top a Black 4, and the cards below the Red 3 can differ.
* There is no stock in Yukon. All cards are dealt at the beginning; however, some are face down.
* Expose the face down cards as soon as possible, so you can start moving cards around.
* Moving the Aces to the Foundations as soon as possible is critical to gameplay.
Russian Solitaire is a solitaire card game that is very similar in layout and gameplay to Yukon. Its difference from Yukon is that building is by suit. Other Yukon variants remove the usual restriction that only Kings be placed in empty tableau spaces. Also closely related to Yukon are Alaska and Australian Patience
* Barry, Sheila Anne, ''World's Best Card Games for One''
* Morehead, Albert H.
The Mott-Smith Trophy, named for writer and cryptographer Geoffrey Mott-Smith, is awarded to the player who wins the most masterpoints at the spring American Contract Bridge League (ACBL) North American Bridge Championships, North American Bridge Ch ...
. ''The Complete Book of Solitaire & Patience Games''
* Moyse Jr, Alphonse. ''150 Ways to play Solitaire''
Parlett, DavidDavid Parlett (born 18 May 1939 in London
London is the capital city, capital and List of urban areas in the United Kingdom, largest city of England and the United Kingdom. The city stands on the River Thames in the south-east of England, at th ...
. ''The Penguin Book of Patience''
* Australian Patience
List of solitaires
A ''list'' is any enumeration
An enumeration is a complete, ordered listing of all the items in a collection. The term is commonly used in mathematics
Mathematics (from Ancient Greek, Greek: ) includes the study of such topics as quantity ( ...
Glossary of solitaire
Games of patience
Patience_(or_wikt:forbearance#English.html" "title="Hans_Sebald_Beham,_1540.html" ;"title="Hans_Sebald_Beham ...
Single-deck patience card games