Part XII is a compilation of law
s pertaining to the constitution
as a country and the union of states that it is made of. This part of the constitution consists of Articles on Finance, Property, Contracts and Suits.
Articles 264 - 291 on Finance
Articles 264 - 267 General
Articles 268 - 281 on Distribution Revenues between the Union and the States
Articles 282 - 291 on Miscellaneous Financial Provisions
Article 286 -
* Article 286 in The Constitution Of India 1949
* 286. Restrictions as to imposition of tax on the sale or purchase of goods
* (1) No law of a State shall impose, or authorise the imposition of, a tax on the sale or purchase of goods where such sale or purchase takes place
* (a) outside the State; or
* (b) in the course of the import of the goods into, or export of the goods out of, the territory of India
* (2) Parliament may by law formulate principles for determining when a sale or purchase of goods takes place in any of the ways mentioned in clause ( 1 )
* (3) Any law of a State shall, in so far as it imposes, or authorises the imposition of,
* (a) a tax on the sale or purchase of goods declared by Parliament by law to be of special importance in inter State trade or commerce; or
* (b) a tax on the sale or purchase of goods, being a tax of the nature referred to in sub clause (b), sub clause (c) or sub clause (d) of clause 29 A of Article 366, be subject to such restrictions and conditions in regard to the system of levy, rates and other incidents of the tax as Parliament may by law specify.
Articles 292 - 293 on Borrowing
Articles 292 - 293 on Borrowing by States
Articles 294 - 300 on Property, Contracts, Right, Liabilities, Obligations and Suits
Articles 294 - 300 on Succession to property assets, liabilities, and obligations.
Article 300A on the Right to Property
Article 300A - on Persons not to be deprived of property save by authority of law.
*Part XII text from wikisource