The Civil Service Commission ( fil|Komisyon ng Serbisyo Sibil, abbreviated as CSC) is one of the three Constitutional Commissions of the Philippines
with responsibility over the civil service
. It is tasked with overseeing the integrity of government actions and processes. The commission was founded in 1900 through Act No. 5 of the Philippine Commission
and was made a bureau in 1905. The Civil Service Commission (CSC) is the central personnel agency of the Philippine government responsible for the policies, plans, and programs concerning all civil service employees.
It has 16 regional
offices throughout the country.
The other two Constitutional Commissions are the Commission on Elections
and Commission on Audit
The 1987 Constitution staggered the terms of the members of the Constitutional Commissions. Of the first appointees, the Chairman would serve seven years (1st line), a Commissioner would serve five years (2nd line), and another Commissioner would serve three years (3rd line). Term refers to a fixed period, while tenure refers to the actual period that a person held office.
The names of the first Members of the CSC since 1987 were mentioned in ''Gaminde v. Commission on Audit''.
# Chairperson Alicia dela Rosa-Bala
# Commissioner Atty. Aileen Lourdes A. Lizada
# Assistant Commissioner Ariel G. Ronquillo
# Assistant Commissioner David E. Cabanag Jr.
Career Executive Service Board
Pursuant to Executive Order No. 891, s. 2010 the Career Executive Service Board (CESB) is mandated to promulgate rules, standards and procedures on the selection, classification, compensation and career development of members of the Career Executive Service. In Eugenio vs. Civil Service Commission, G.R. No. 115863, March 31, 1995, the Supreme Court recognized the existence, mandate and authority of the CESB over third level positions, and its autonomy from the Civil Service Commission (CSC)."
* Office of the Chairman
* Office of the Commissioners
* Office of the Assistant Commissioners
* Office of the Executive Director
* Commission Secretariat and Liaison Office
* Office for Legal Affairs
* Examination, Recruitment, and Placement Office
* Office for Human Resource Management and Development
* Civil Service Institute
* Office for Strategy Management
* Internal Audit Service
* Human Resource Policies and Standards Office
* Integrated Records Management Office
* Human Resource Relations Office
* Office for Financial and Assets Management
* Public Assistance and Information Office
The CSC is tasked to generate roster of eligibles through these examinations:
• Career Service Examination (Professional and Sub-Professional)
• Career Service Examination for Foreign Service Officer (CSE-FSO)
• Fire Officer Examination (FOE)
• Penology Officer Examination (POE)
• Basic Competency on Local Treasury Examination (BCLTE)
• Intermediate Competency on Local Treasury Examination (ICLTE)
• Pre-employment Test
• Promotional Test
• Ethics-Oriented Personality Test (EOPT)
* official website
Category:Constitutional commissions of the Philippines
Category:Government agencies established in 1900
Category:1900 establishments in the Philippines